Wednesday 10 December 2014

Musical Love Affair: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Cellophane

It may be a bit of a mouthful but King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard is a name to remember. The crazed Australian seven-piece consist of two guitarists, two bassist, two drummers and a synth/harmonica player. The band's fifth record I'm In Your Mind Fuzz was released on December 1st in the UK and is their first for label Heavenly Recordings.

I came across the video for 'Cellophane' while scrolling through my Facebook news feed and I've been hooked ever since. Like label mates Temples on acid, the track chugs along as it's two baselines twist and turn around each other. Meanwhile guitars wobble and squeal while frontman Stu Mackenzie screeches in between an echoing chorus of "Cellophane".

The song comes with a suitably insane video in which Mackenzie is sucked into a 3D TV to join his band mates in a swirling world of bright colours and ever-changing patterns. I couldn't decide if my 3D glasses actually worked with the video's 3D effect but it was worth a try.




No comments:

Post a Comment