Tuesday 30 June 2015

Big Catch Up 6 - I Discovered Ought

I am one of those very lucky people who will be attending the End of the Road Festival later this year and I can’t wait. Mac Demarco, Alvvays, Future Islands and of course the Fat White Family, will all be there. However there is one band that I am perhaps even more excited to see.

Montreal’s Ought have been around for a while and their debut album came out last April so it’s fair to say I’ve been pretty slow here. I first saw a live video of them playing at Pitchfork music festival in Paris and it just blew me away. Exquisitely atmospheric their sound is timeless. Guitarist and Vocalist Tim Beeler Darcy’s punchy vocals sit charmingly above floating keyboards and winding bass lines as the band build up into exciting choruses to which you just have to sing along.


Debut album, More Than Any Other Day, is full to the brim with brilliant tracks of Ought’s hypnotic cross of post punk and indie. This really is the kind of album that you cannot stop listening to.




No comments:

Post a Comment